Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MBA Chat

Today I participated in a Consortium chat courtesy of accepted.com, a website for guiding and advising graduate school applicants. The site provides admissions tips, past chat transcripts, sample admissions essays, and more. Participating in the chat were representatives from The Consortium's member schools (UVA's Darden and UNC's Flagler). In my opinion, the greatest benefit on average from participating in an admissions chat is for listing it as an information resource when submitting an application. Because most of the answers provided can be found on the website.

A better route for increasing your exposure and learning about an MBA program without the travel expenses of an on-campus interview is to request alumni phone interviews and to request to speak with persons from the Admissions department. The Consortium, for example, lists on its website student alumni liaisons of its members schools for candidates to contact. Taking advantage of the latter, I will be contacting liaisons of the member schools to which I plan on applying. I have already discussed the MBA program, The Consortium, and the Discover Darden event (mentioned in the previous post) with a Darden student. The chat provided me with a new perspective on my fit with the program, and an idea on how to better approach my application tactics.

Good News!!!
I received notice from ESADE that my application materials are received and will be under review as of the October 16, 2009 deadline; consequentially, I should expect a final decision by November 27, 2009.

I have sent in all of my materials for IE's Master in Advanced Finance Program about two weeks ago, however, I have not received notice on my application status (despite submitting my application on September 19, 2009!)

Looking forward to acceptance and rejection letters, I will have a list of schools I can compare to make a final decision. I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers