Saturday, October 31, 2009

Alumni Phone Interviews

For the past week, I have been scheduling phone interviews with Alumni for next week from the three schools left to which I plan on applying (Texas A&M MBA, Yale, and Emory); I have decided to no longer apply to UNC. Why? UNC requires applicants to apply via their own application in addition to The Consortium's application. Furthermore, UNC requires 5 essays, most of which I can not reuse for another school's essay requirement. That means a separate application fee, and more time than I a willing to spend writing essays.

The Alumni interviews are important because they will allow me to gain a depth of information about the different programs that most Internet resources may not provide, specifically about the different cultures. It is important to learn of a program's culture to determine whether or not the business school fits your personality.

P.S. On Thursday, I received an e-mail notice from an Admissions Director from IE Business School to conduct a personal interview! (Personal interviews are selective and by invitation only) This is a positive sign because it lets me know that the Admissions Committee saw a fit between my application and their program. The personal interview will bring life to my application and help the Admissions Committee determine whether or not I will be able to add value to their program. My interview is scheduled for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers